12 HOURS AT A COUNTRY CLUB
Here's what I learned.
- •Hilty, Tuck, Puck, Mimi, Buffy, Skip, MudgeThese are all perfectly respectable names. For people. Not doggies.
- •You shouldn't take the children to the Galapagos until they are at least ten. Otherwise, it's a waste.EVERYONE KNOWS THAT.
- •Penny Loafers are a sensible shoe but don't ruin it with socks.
- •There's no bad weather just bad clothing.Helly Hansen, son!
- •A good go-to outfit for ladies is tennis whites. Since you're either coming from or heading to the court. No yoga pants.Here's a winter version.
- •Voting Dem in this election is OK. Hillary can tow the line.
- •Backgammon is an important life skill.
- •Spending time in Europe is important. There is paddle tennis there you know!What the hell is paddle tennis?
- •Creamed spinach still exists.
- •4pm is actually cocktail hour. Not 5pm.