Deep thoughts and mathematical equations
- •The "Contrite Hitler" ProblemHow does a Catholic reconcile God's infinite mercy with the idea that Hitler would have been forgiven if he made a good confession and were truly contrite? The question is hypothetical but "Hitler in Heaven" is repugnant. Today I remembered purgatory. As Cersei Lannister knows, forgiveness does not preclude punishment. "Contrite Hitler" only avoids hell; he still faces a LONG TIME in purgatory working off genocide. Only Darth Vader gets a deathbed reprieve and goes directly to heaven.
- •Incidence of Highway Road Work = 1/Time Remaining Before I Am Late.Trust me in this one. I'd show you the mathematical proof, but I'm ADHD and hi squirrel gosh it's beautiful out today. Coffee time!
- •My dog's ability to reach my unguarded lunch on the counter = amount uneaten * my hunger/my perceived tastiness of food. My dog is really freaking smart.
- •New pronunciation for the letter "X"It's pronounced "shit," or "damn it!" I was taking a computerized diagnostic test for ADHD. All I had to do was NOT hit the space bar when "X" flashed on the screen. If doc wants YouTube stardom, all he'd need is a hidden camera in the testing room. (For research purposes, of course.)
- •The Pipeline from Sex Abuse to PrisonI attended a briefing of the White House Council on Women and Girls yesterday. I shouldn't be surprised by the correlation between being a victim of sex abuse -> acting out to->bad decisions ->drugs ->criminal behavior, but I just don't deal with the criminal justice system so I've been oblivious. I will be looking into how my state treats girls in the justice system. Mistake-makers in need of help so they have a REAL chance at life, or bad seeds in need of punishment and disdain?
- •I Should Have Tried to Sleep on the Train Yesterday1:21 am train to DC; 4:02 pm train back to CT. Got no more than 2 hrs sleep on way down and was SPENT by the time I got home ~11 pm. And wiped out today. I was too busy trying to check out that Silver Fox 2 tables away in cafe car. But I couldn't see him without my glasses, which I don't need for close work, so it would have been too obvious. (If I were single, obvious checking out of Mr. Silver Fox would have been fine. But I'm not and scoping out of eye candy may only be enjoyed on the DL.)