A Comprehensive List of Jobs I've Applied to During the Month of July
In the adult form of a mixed case title. Also, I've heard back from NONE OF THESE PLACES!!! 🎉🎉🎉 (I'm really not bitter about it, I swear. I'm excited to go home for a bit.)
- •Social Media for POPSUGARNo response
- •Editorial Assistant at Teen VogueNo response
- •Editorial Assistant for the Creative Development Team at HarperCollinsNo response
- •Editorial Assistant at Razorbill, teen imprint of Penguin Random HouseNo response
- •Intern at Reply All, my favorite podcastNo response, but this doesn't start until the end of August. There's time maybe???
- •Publishing Assistant for Atria Books, imprint of Simon & SchusterNo response
- •Publicity Assistant for Hachette BooksNo response. Met the HR lady at the career fair and she was terrifying.
- •Editorial Assistant for St. Martin's Books, my favorite imprint of MacmillanNo response
- •Marketing Assistant for St. Martin's Books, bc I'm an idiot and didn't realize I applied for two jobs for the same imprint one day apartI emailed the HR rep I met at the career fair and she asked which job I preferred and I was all "lol give me ANY JOB" and now I'm blacklisted from ever applying to a Macmillan job again. (Jk. I hope.)
- •Publicity Assistant at Knopf, my favorite imprint (of all time??) at Penguin Random HouseNo response, prob bc my cover letter was like "I'M IN LOVE WITH YOU GUYS"
- •Editorial Assistant at Touchstone, an imprint of Simon & SchusterNo response
- •Editorial Assistant at 37Ink, Simon & SchusterNo response
- •Editorial Assistant at Regan ArtsEmail to confirm receipt of application, but nothing since
- •Publications Associate at Samuel French, IncThey specialize in plays and musicals! No response
- •Part-time bookseller, Barnes and NobleThis was yesterday, so I haven't given up hope yet
- •Library Associate-Adult Services, Cecil county public libraryApplied to this like an hour ago, so REALLY haven't given up hope here.
- •Tbh there are probably more that I forgot about ¯\_(ツ)_/¯