ALL OF THE NEW MOVIES I'VE WATCHED IN 2016 (and some short thoughts)
Yes, hello, we are four whole months into the year and I have watched only 11 new films. I've rewatched stuff too, but these are the new ones.
- •Short Term 12Okay just murder me. This film was fucking beautiful and I cried (I really cried). Brie Larson 5ever
- •TangerineThis was shot entirely on an iPhone 5s? How. Nuanced, creative, a fascinating look into REAL characters we hardly ever hear from
- •Ain't Them Bodies SaintsI was more excited for this than I should've been. I thought Casey Affleck and Rooney Mara = instant classic, but it was just okay
- •6 YearsThis movie wasn't like THAT great but it made me feel so much and yes, there were more tears. The characters are only like a year younger than me so it hurt nice n good
- •Dark SkiesShitty horror movie I watched from the comfort of my home as a guy I don't talk to any more watched it from the comfort of his
- •The Witch (The VVitch? W/e)Saw this alone the weekend after Valentine's Day with six couples. They were not impressed. I, however, thought it was like a period piece Antichrist with more continuity
- •The One I LoveCool, kind of magical realism sort of vibe. I ❤️ Mark Duplass always
- •The Brass Teapot
- •Turbo KidMunro Chambers looks just like my first love in this movie, RIP me. This is Mad Max on bikes in the dystopian 90s so it's essentially amazing
- •As Above, So BelowNot the most well executed horror film I've ever seen, but it got me scared (after 5 mimosas oops)
- •That's Not UsJust finished this one like 15 minutes ago. It was in the independent comedies section on Netflix and I cried THREE TIMES. So good and emotional. Pls watch.