It is our job to educate ourselves
- •Do NOT put that burden on your Black friends, or random Black people on the internet
- •This is a period of mourning and grieving that we CANNOT understand as white people, even if those videos made us feel angry and sad and helpless.
- •Even if you think you're being nice by asking someone what they mean, or what you should do, it is not the time.
- •There are two videos of Black death at the hands of police officers circulating. Murder of Black bodies by the people who are supposed to protect them. The Black community doesn't owe you anything right now.
- •Educate yourself. Reach out to another white person who seems to know what they're talking about. Call your local government.
- •Don't watch the videos. Don't share them. Don't dehumanize these innocent men who've lost their lives.