ONE CHILDHOOD MEMORY I WOULD GO BACK AND RELIVE
This is hard because I have hardly any childhood memories (repression? Who's to say).
- •I do have a feeling from when I was a kid that I'd love to relive.
- •I moved to a new neighborhood when I was eight. It's a development, and it was brand new (our house was built for us) so all of the neighbors were new too.
- •This was great news, bc in my old neighborhood everyone was older.
- •So that first week I made friends with a girl five houses down. Her name was Carly and she was three years younger than me, but we were good friends for five or six years.
- •But what I want to relive is that summer, with my new friend and the endless possibilities of the new neighborhood.
- •Riding bikes down hills with plots of land on either side, houses unbuilt
- •Swimming in a new pool with kids of all ages
- •Going to the playground at dusk and feeling grown up for being allowed out so late
- •Freedom as a kid is the best kind of freedom, even when it's not real