Reset your sensory engagement with the world
This is from tumblr user saintbeetle and I have no context except for the caption (notes from today’s performance studies lecture on phenomenology) but I love it so here it is.
- •Look at a flower as if you have never seen a flower before.
- •Don't drink coffee for five days. Then, sit down and drink a double espresso. Feel the drug surge through your veins.
- •Feel the movement of your elbows as you walk. Then your shoulders. Then your ankles.
- •Listen to tiny sounds.
- •Have a long nap in the middle of the day. Wake up after sunset. Note your disorientation.
- •We are always in the middle of the world. There is no beginning.
- •Give every letter in the alphabet a colour, a personality. What do they remind you of?
- •Watch a film. Turn off the sound. Watch the people in the background.
- •Describe a sunset without using any words.