THAT ONE TIME I HAD HEART SURGERY IN 2013
A good story! Thanks for requesting, @Fitz
- •On my 19th birthday at 2AM I lost my virginity and 8 hours later, I had a physical.My mom is rude and thinks it's a good idea to schedule physicals on birthdays bc then we know they happened once a year.
- •So I'm freaking out in anticipation of that "are you sexually active?" question
- •I have to answer yes. Scary.
- •But as my physician is listening to my heartbeat, she gets kind of freaked out? And makes me lay down so she can listen more closely.
- •(I never got to the sexually active question #blessed)
- •But she referred me to a cardiologist, which set forth five months' worth of testsMRIs, echocardiograms, camera down the throat, ultrasound of my heart
- •Cue me being the youngest person in the room by 70 years on a weekly basis
- •So turns out I was born with a hole in my heart! Which isn't terribly uncommonIt's like 10% of people are born with a hole in their heart? But mine was really big so it's harder to hear (bc it echoes if it's small, which is one version of a murmur)
- •Instead of getting heart surgery right away, I went to England for five months and then worked in a kitchen for a summer.All with the threat of having a stroke if I got a blood clot, bc one side of my heart was doing all the work. But let's face it, that had already been the case for 19 years.
- •THEN they cracked my sternum in half a week before my 20th birthday (yay 🎉) and fixed the hole and here I am!
- •Good as new
- •Except I'll never be very good at physical activity
- •And my brother claims my heart was three sizes too small and they had to fix it a la Grinch
- •Or that I have a pig's heart now
- •But nah I'm a real girl 💯
- •Oh also I have a sick scar now!!Which you can REALLY see in this pic with shrek from a couple halloweens ago ✌️