TWENTY THREE (🎉🎂🎈)
Today is my twenty third birthday. Here are some crazy things that have happened in the past year.
- •I bought a plane ticket to Europe and moved to the Czech Republic.I planned to stay for a year with my best friend. We took a class to become certified in teaching English.
- •We found an apartment, bought everything necessary to live there, set up Internet, and even took in a drifter for almost two months.Harrison 💘
- •I signed up for this app called The List App in October. I knew two internet friends on it–my first followers–but they quickly stopped using it. Luckily I made new friends.
- •I quit my job when I hated it, even though it meant I wouldn't have enough money to stay in Prague.
- •I worked for a bar crawl.Do not recommend.
- •I slept with a drug dealer, and the next day bought mdma from him, which came in crystal form in a matchbox. I crushed it with a beer bottle on a table in the bar where I worked.
- •We walked home from a bar at 5 am, all the way across Charles bridge in the unbelievable light, and then I packed. On a comedown.The flights home were terrible.
- •I hit bottom. Moved back in with my parents with $23 in my bank account, no job or prospects, most friends gone.
- •Found a seemingly perfect job, and boy. Both disappointed me.
- •I voted for Bernie Sanders in the primary, the first candidate I was truly excited about.
- •Found another seemingly perfect boy, who disappointed me too.
- •I went to therapy for the first time, and now I know I need to go again.
- •I was bullied into going to NYU, and even though I'm not sure of the career path I want to take anymore, I'm grateful for those 9 weeks.Hard work, karaoke, rum and cokes, shake shack.
- •I thought I'd stay in New York, find a job and apartment and really DO IT, but then I visited home and decided I wasn't ready to move to New York yet.
- •With less than $200 in my bank account, I moved home again. But an incredible best friend lives here still, and she made me Jell-O shots yesterday, bought me a sash and crown, gave me a shirt from the fair with ten hidden wolves on it, and got as drunk as me while we were out.
- •I've been home for a week. I have no job prospects, no money, no love interests, but I am really really happy.
- •Thank you all for being here. Thanks for the birthday wishes I've already gotten 💕 This community is my rock sometimes. I hope you all enjoy my 23rd 🎉👯