How to Try on Clothes in a Big Group Fitting Room
I just went to a sample sale the other day with one of these and there were many varying levels of comfort in there. They shouldn't be scary; we should all be comfortable using them!
- •Full disclosure: I grew up dancing and doing quick costume changes next to the stage with not enough time to worry about who could see me changing. This has given me a higher comfort level with my naked body than most.
- •But that being said since I stopped dancing my body has definitely changed and for awhile the whole group fitting room thing was daunting.
- •First: keep in mind that everyone is in the same boat. There will probably be some girl in there who you think looks perfect in everything she try's and also without her clothes on. She still hates something about herself so don't let it discourage you from trying on your stuff!
- •Sometimes if I'm having a bad day I find it helpful to pick a spot in a corner away from the mirror. This way you can walk up to the mirror only fully clothed to make your decision about whatever you're trying.
- •Other days when I'm feeling good I'll stand right at the front of the room in front of the mirror and change in front of everyone.Have you ever noticed that when someone is really comfortable it sort of rubs off? That's what I'm going for here. Everyone should be able to find some level of comfort here! Just keep it in the back of your mind that we all have our insecurities and you are not alone.
- •This is my biggest rule and it should really be in a manual or something that is passed out to every person at some point.
- •Are you ready and listening??
- •If you see someone trying something and they look great COMPLIMENT THEM! We live in this world where you are supposed to quietly go through life not making eye contact or talking to people. The best way to be comfortable in a big group setting like this is to compliment each other it's as simple as that.
- •I hope this helped someone go to one of these things because the other day I got some amazing designer jumpsuits for super cheap and I want other people to feel what I felt when I tried them on.
- •Go forth and try things on like a boss!