FAVORITE WORDS IN THE ENGLISH LANGUAGE
I'm constantly fascinated by words! Here are some of the ones I think are particularly lovely. What are yours?
- •IngenueI've seen this spelled as ingénue and ingenue but for the sake of this list I'm going with the version that isn't used in the French language as well
- •CottageLike the small home, not the cheese
- •GalvanizeElectrochemistry for the win?
- •EnoughFlexible in any context, comforting or cruel. Pushes against unchecked American anxiety and ambition; a subversive word and a useful one. "Enough is enough" is my favorite sentence for the same reason: spooky and cool.Suggested by @LevNovak
- •IneffableSuggested by @jplister
- •EuphoriaSuggested by @fawkesflames