REASONS THAT BRITISH PREMIER LEAGUE SOCCER IS THE BEST SPORT ON US TV
I've been a fan of Tottenham Hotspur (they are a team from North London) for almost a decade. During that time the EPL or English Premier League has made great advances breaking into US living rooms.
- 1.The fans are amazing!They sing songs in unison. They dance in unison. They flip off opposing players (sometimes in unison).
- 2.The timing of the games are great for early risers.As someone who wakes up automatically at 7am (damn you adult life!) the EPL is great for westcoasters. I can drink my coffee and watch the game and have my whole weekend free.
- 3.The LACK of scoringI rather like the low scoring nature of the game. Nothing like your team scoring a winning goal in the dying minutes of the game. And while the occasional 0-0 draw does happen - it only occurs about 8% of the time. http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/in-126-years-english-football-has-seen-13475-nil-nil-draws/
- 4.Every game is available to watch LIVE on TV as long as you have a basic sports package on cable or satellite!This is not true for any American sport if you think about it. NFL / MLB / NBA / NHL and NCAA all require costly additional packages and some (MLB and NFL) are not even available on Cable.
- 5.Relegation!You come on the bottom 3 places of the league - you get demoted to the lower league. With the huge EPL TV broadcast deal this could mean the difference of 10's of millions of dollars for a club. You will never see this in American sports because team owners are way to powerful.
- 6.The best length of game / actual gameplay ratio
- 7.Rebbeca LoweShe's just so lovable and democratic.