Philly Restaurants & Bars I Binged at on My Trip Home, July 2015
Philly is a better city to eat in than whatever city you're preaching about.
- •Royal TavernLocated in Bella Vista. Dragged my dad here as soon as I got off the plane. They were recently dubbed, "Best Vegan Cheesesteak in Philly," which obviously means the world. Had that and some Chipotle Eggplant soup which was killer. Great for carnivores, vegans, and vegetarians. Good beer selection.
- •2nd Story Brewing CompanyLocated in Old City. Drank a really awesome Jalapeño Margarita. The Endive Cup appetizer was awesome. The falafel sandwich was okay. Good for vegans, vegetarians, and carnivores. Good drink selection.
- •Franklin FountainLocated in Old City. Old-fashioned ice cream shop. Chugged a really awesome coke float with dairy-free chocolate ice cream. Obviously the coke was glass bottle or I would have turned around. Both dairy and dairy-free options!
- •Shane CandiesLocated in Old City. Oldest/longest running candy shop in the U.S. No one knows this place exists for some reason. A lot of fun, old school candy options, and a really sweet dessert cafe in the back!
- •HipCityVegLocated in Rittenhouse Square. Vegan fast food. I dread one day being pregnant in a faraway city and craving this shit at four am. Don't tell your parents it's vegan because they won't know the difference. Get the Crispy HipCity Ranch sandwich, fries with Sriracha aioli, and a shake. If I don't get all of these I regret it. The Ziggy burger is also awesome. I ate here twice in two days.
- •Little Baby's Ice CreamLocated in Kensington. Little Baby's is connected to/inside of Pizza Brain (which has awesome pizza and a pizza museum!). They have crazy flavors like Everything Bagel and Speculoos. They always have multiple dairy-free options. This time I got Banana Balsamic and it was delicious.
- •Charlie Was A SinnerLocated in Market East. This is a vegan cocktail bar. The drinks are really different and creative. They do small plates/tapas style food. I had their happy hour tacos which were awesome.
- •The FooderyLocated in Washington Square West. This is a bottle shop. You will not be disappointed.
- •Sketch BurgerLocated in Fishtown. The veggie burger was awesome! And so were the fries. Parking is annoying though.