THINGS I LOVE ABOUT CHARLOTTE, NC
Ever since moving to Charlotte, I've been comparing it to other cities such as NYC and DC...and Charlotte always loses. Because of this, I end up complaining about it more than enjoying all that it has to offer. So, this is my attempt at changing my attitude.
- •Tons of breweriesAnd there are new ones opening every month! For a beer lover like myself, this never gets old.
- •Cleanest city everI have never seen such pristine city streets. Say goodbye to overturned trash cans and the faint smell of urine everywhere.
- •Lots of places to get great coffeeSmelly Cat Coffee, Amelie's, Not Just Coffee, Dean & Deluca, etc.
- •Nice skylineSure, it's no Manhattan, but it's still pretty
- •The weatherThis winter, it snowed once, but otherwise rarely dropped below 30 degrees. Seriously perfect.
- •Easy to navigate/not intimidatingWhen I'm in cities like Boston, I exert a lot of energy into trying to play it cool/act like a local/not ask for directions. In Charlotte, not only does no one care, but 98% of people would be glad to give you directions!
- •Lots of parkingGiven that the public transportation is still a work in progress, all the parking is a relief!
- •I'm honestly trying to think of more reasons, but this all I can come up with right now.