Media "Must Read" Now, This Week — a list of my favorite media platforms and personalities you should read right now, bookmark for later and subscribe for tomorrow.
- •Lenny LetterOne for the female thought leaders of tomorrow, today. @lenadunham and @jennikonner cut through the bullshit and get to the heart of important issues (hello closing the wage gap, goodbye sexual assault) that matter to my generation of bad ass women. With guest writers (Jane Fonda! Khloe Kardashian!) to Lenny-fied weekly illustrations to music record and more... you should subscribe today. Even my mom does and she still has an AOL email address.
- •The Players TribuneHave been watching these guys since Jeter retired. One of the most eloquent platforms by athletes for fans that has ever existed. Tidal for sports. New ESPN for decisions (looking at you KD). Clean, deep and heartfelt. "The Chirp" is a must read... as much as waiting to see the Captain walk down the aisle to the gorg Hannah Davis.
- •VOX@ezraklein, Liz Plank and card stacks are my guilty addiction on this modern-day Slate. Proactive, easy to read and amazing infographics. Their sister properties help round out passion points making VOX a player with staying power.
- •NYT Daily BriefingWhat I need to know every morning in my inbox before I put my contacts in. @nytimes headlines are everything before 7am which leads me to...
- •The SkimmEasy, early morning read of snarky headlines, witty anecdotes... patiently waiting for them to evolve into video. Could be a digital-day version of The View. Rooting for @theSkimm to take their commentary to the next level! Downloading SkimmAhead now....
- •ATTN.comGo for the videos, stay for the issues. Millennial-focused property about what's moving society. Action oriented and very good at provoking tough questions for generation that can and does create change quickly. Lady Gaga endorsed them this week.