BEST ADVICE I’VE EVER RECEIVED AT WORK
- •Be your own advocate.
- •Never write something unless you're comfortable seeing it on the front page of the New York Times.
- •When you start a new job, say yes to everything for the first six months. You will establish a reputation as a can-do person and learn a lot along the way.
- •Don't apologize unless you've made a mistake. If you have, apologize swiftly and sincerely.
- •Keep emails to five sentences. If you need a sixth, pick up the phone.
- •Sit at the table. Literally.
- •Find the one task your boss must do, but hates doing, and make that task easier for them. You will be rewarded.
- •Negotiate extra vacation days if you aren't satisfied with your compensation.