"PARENTS JUST DON'T UNDERSTAND" MOMENTS DURING MY 24 HOUR VISIT HOME
I am a 35 year old, fully-functioning adult who spent 24 hours at home with my parents in between business meetings.
- •When my dad waited for me outside a restaurant with $20 cash for my Uber.I tried to text to say I was all good, thanks, but he doesn't do texting.
- •When my mom couldn't zoom in on a Google map.This was followed by a rant about Apple. I didn't explain the difference.
- •When my dad handed me the newspaper and I had read all of its articles on Twitter an hour before.His disappointment was visible.
- •When my mom made me leave for the station 40 minutes before my train departed.It is a 10 minute drive. But there is "traffic."
- •When my dad insisted on waking me up at 7:20 am, even though he knew I'd set an alarm for 7:30 am.He did not believe it when I cited years of experience successfully waking up at a predetermined time every single workday.