Times I've Cried in Public
Well, the times that stand out, anyway.
- 1.On the beach, early morning, coffee turning cold, when I wasn't sure of anything.
- 2.At work, when I first watched *that* Google commercial.
- 3.On the plane, when I wrote my brother a letter to tell him how much he's appreciated. (I was afraid he didn't know.)
- 4.At IHOP, hungover, sitting in a booth, the first time my husband called my sister's sons "our" nephews.
- 5.On the bus, a rainy day, when I listened to the StoryCorps podcast and a kid told his mom he was proud to be her son.
- 6.At the gym, on a treadmill, when I'd been trying to sweat out the sadness but it didn't work so everything spilled out as tears instead.
- 7.Almost every time I'm at the airport?
- 8.Whenever I listen to one of my dad's voicemails and he ends it with "Take care, kid."