AN INTROVERT'S STRUGGLE 📂
I have no fun(ny) lists to add to Draftmas but I'm feeling the pressure! But this may be too whiny and I might delete it as soon as I realize how annoying it is 🙈
- •As an introvert, I get my energy from being alone.
- •If I'm around other people for too long I feel exhausted.
- •So I spend a good amount of time by myself which is mostly good.
- •But then I start to feel isolated.
- •Isolation is not the same as being alone.
- •My introversion (is that a word?) mixed with my depression make it difficult to get out much.
- •I crave the solitude but the isolation is starting to make me feel worse.
- •I want to see my friends and feel their support.
- •But I can't ask for it because that would be too needy.
- •Also I'm terrified of pushing people away by coming on too strong.
- •So I'm avoiding the conversation all together.
- •But it's making me feel worse and worse.
- •And the black hole I'm in just keeps getting darker and darker.
- •I know that my friends can't read my mind and know what I need without me telling them, but that conversation is so scary!!
- •How do I start that conversation without being too demanding?
- •Also posting this (if I do) also feels very needy and makes my stomach hurt 😞
- •Also I'm sorry if I'm always a major downer on here!!