JUST A COUPLE OF THE ORGANIZATIONS I'M GIVING TO ON GIVING TUESDAY
Thank you @list for opening my eyes to this important day! It has felt so great to read all of the amazing lists from people talking about the organizations they support. Here are some that I support year round and some new ones I've found today. 😊❤️
- •First, I've been seriously overwhelmed by all of the lists today. Reading about all of the organizations that you all support has been wonderful. It makes me feel sad that I can't give all of my time and money to every single one. But I'm hopeful that my small donations will make some people's lives better.
- •Planned ParenthoodI've never had to use their services myself, but a friend of mine did. We were in high school and she was too nervous to talk to her parents about sex and going on birth control. I'm so glad that she had somewhere to go so she could stay healthy and get the protection and support she needed. Every woman (and man) should have access to affordable care!
- •Toys for TotsI was so lucky to grow up in a home that was full of love and lots of presents around the holidays. Unfortunately, not everyone has that luxury and I'm so happy to donate toys that will hopefully put a smile on a child's face this season. Everyone should feel loved ❤️
- •The Trevor ProjectI've been supporting them for a while after learning about them from Tyler Oakley. They help LGBTQ youth by providing crisis intervention and suicide prevention. So important!
- •Clean water is something so many of us take for granted. Just turn the faucet and it's there! Having clean water means less disease and more sanitation.
- •Donate LifeI'm already an organ donor, but @manda reminded me how important and how EASY it is to be an organ donor in her list HERE'S A MEANINGFUL WAY TO CONTRIBUTE TO GIVING TUESDAY THAT WON'T COST YOU A CENT. #DONATELIFE. It's free and only takes a couple minutes and you could save lives!
- •Trans LifelineThank you to @sarahgorman for sharing this organization! I can't even begin to understand how difficult it must be to struggle with your identity the way that trans people do. Especially in our society where so many people tell them that who they think (or know!) they are is wrong. They need all the love and support they can get. ❤️
- •Black Lives Matter ChicagoAnother from @sarahgorman. I'm so happy to support an organization that is fighting for justice and equality. I don't want to be a bystander to hate.
- •I'm obviously so heavily influenced by the people here. I want to support every charity and organization that you post about (I wish it was possible). Thanks for sharing and thanks for spreading the love.