Content Warning: violence against insects & arachnids
- •There once was a spider who lived in my window.Between the glass and the screen.
- •When it's not too hot or cold, I enjoy keeping the windows open, but as the window where the spider lived was next to my bed, I had mixed feelings about having this window open.
- •The spider set up some webs in the corner and mostly stayed hidden behind a part of the window.Every time I thought he was gone and opened the window back up, sure enough, after a few hours he (or she) would be back out to inspect the web.
- •Since he stayed in a corner next to a gap where he could easily hide, my attempts to eliminate him from my life had been unsuccessful.
- •One day, as I sat on my bed reading, facing the window no less, I see a fly buzzing against the screen trying to get into the great outdoors.
- •Maybe half an hour later I hear the fly buzzing again.
- •I glance at him and realize that he is sitting (stuck maybe?) on the spider's web.And out pops Mr. Arachnid himself.
- •My pulse quickens.What if the fly is stuck? Do I watch the spider devour the fly? Do I ambush him halfway through the meal? The many possibilities race through my brain.
- •After about a minute and a half, the fly begins to move. He is not caught, at least not completely.
- •The spider hurries toward his potential prey, but the fly is no longer in danger.
- •Suddenly I realize that the spider is far enough away from the corner to properly swat with a fly swatter.
- •I jump up and run to grab my weapon, praying I don't miss my chance.I'm in luck. I smack that bastard down.
- •The fly is still buzzing against the screen.I smack him too. Good riddance.