A Glorious 6 Hour Flight
Flights without Internet are my true vacation. It's a different kind of stretched time and just being.
- •EmailsReplied to 10 emails and cued them up to send when I land. This is my favorite way to email.
- •Podcast bingeListened to 3 episodes of new to me After The Jump, a great podcast about running a small business, social media, branding etc run by Grace Bonney of design sponge
- •Took notesI actively listened to the podcasts and took notes. This was a great luxury.
- •Read Conde Nast TravelerNow helmed by Pilar Guzman of Martha Stewart and that Cookie fame. She is doing a really great job with it and upping their photo game. Beautiful portraits of places and people along with more romantic ideas about travel (a beauty spread on campaign trunks for old times traveling etc).
- •Read ONot ashamed to say I regularly buy this for flights. There's always a great life hack about loving yourself or relaxing that I can really get behind.
- •Read ElleBought this as fluff but read all about Tim Riggins being in the new true detective (did he get hair surgery or what?) and a fun Judd Apatow interview with Roseanne Barr and Sarah Silverman.
- •Took up spaceI actively won back my own personal seat space after realizing I was contorted to the side to accommodate the gentleman next to me and his need to fully relax and spread his arm halfway into my seat. I took a deep breath, sat up straight and did not shy away from full arm contact.