Really Great Indoor Plants
AKA corners of my house that I love. AKA there are things other than succulents.
- •Fiddle leaf figThe workhorse of indoor plants. Every designer I know uses them and tries not to use them in every project. The tree-er kind is better but I got this for free so whatever. Also these can just die even if you are good at plants.
- •Donkey tailVery fragile but so beautiful. This one is 4 years old and is killing it with its ombré.
- •Ironic or genuine fernThey're fun! Ours got thrashed in the move but it's coming back. Bonus is that they can survive with v little light. Bonus bonus. Macrame.
- •PalmIs the new fiddle leaf.
- •BegoniasThese are weird and magical and can live in low light but please near a window. There are tons of different kinds and some are spotted and have dark pink under leaves and they all get leggy and full of personality.
- •Rubber plantIndestructible and sculptural.
- •CactusCactus and succulents are great but will really only survive if you have the perfectly complimentary architectural detail for them to live in and also if they have enough light.
- •Snake Plant/Mother-in-Law's TongueVery easy care! Put it in a dark room, ignore it, barely ever water it, it'll be fine!Suggested by @leslie
- •Spider plantNot just for the '70s anymore!Suggested by @seantimberlake