Things That Are Worth It
A potpourri of stuff that's worth it. (Also just going ahead and publishing some drafts as a way of saying hiiiiiiiiii)
- •TSA PreIf you fly more than twice a year this IS SO WORTH IT. It costs like $90 and is good for 5 years. You fill out a thing online and then you drive to Glendale a week later (right by the Americana) and get fingerprinted and then your life is so much easier! No shoes off, no laptop out of the bag, no line!!!
- •Going to the doctorRecent back problems and prompting from @JEFF made me deal with it and it was all terribly inconvenient but ultimately worth the trouble.
- •Saying no to a job I'm not stoked onUsed to be really afraid of this but I then I over scheduled myself and wanted to die. Now I say no and I GIVE MYSELF THE TIME. To do whatever. Because it's mine.
- •Neutralizing a fight@JEFF taught me this one. He doesn't hold on to stuff or escalate a fight. Sometimes mid argument he will just grin and blow me a kiss and then we both apologize and it's all good. My instinct is to hang on to the argument UNTIL I DIE.
- •Uber to the airportMake life easier on yourself. Get picked up and dropped off.
- •Travel ToiletriesA second set of toiletries that's ready to go 🙌🙌
- •PostmatesWhen I'm working and forget to eat and then remember that I can order Tender Greens on postmates and feed myself responsibly. Then the salad is worth the $18.
- •Staying inStaying in is almost always worth it. I move slowly, I catch up on things, I don't worry about the time and I actually unwind.
- •Opting to buy a REALLY nice mattress and sheets.You spend a third of your life there!Suggested by @erikaaa
- •Springing for the good cheese, not Kraft. It's worth it:)Suggested by @nikkilounoel
- •A good pair of jeans!For real. So much better than the cheap Old Navy ones (which are what I wear most of the time).Suggested by @lindseycornett
- •Going to bed earlyYou'll think that staying up for that last episode/chapter/text is worth it, but oh how your body will thank you for the extra sleep!Suggested by @hh12995
- •ValetSuggested by @b_lion