Ways I'm Trying to Save Water ➕
Because I'm freaking out about the drought. It's so real!
- •Shame bucketI don't know why we call it a shame bucket. It's a drought bucket. It lives in the shower and catches the water while it heats up. Then we use it to flush the toilet or water plants.
- •When it's yellow...We do this. It's not for everyone but it is so effective!
- •Passive aggressionGiving neighbors the stink eye when they're washing their car for a million years or water in mid day. This is not ideal. What is a better way to inspire?
- •Eating less red meatCause it takes like a million gallons of water to make beef.
- •Rain barrelWe got a rain barrel! And @JEFF installed it yesterday and today it actually rained! We are winning!
- •Not showering every dayThis is new. I really like showering and BATHS. But I'm trying to be selective.
- •NO LAWNOMG NO LAWNS!!! Please please no lawns. We have succulents and wild flowers and never water it and it's pretty.
- •Talking about it / peer pressureI love that the nyt has the drought on the front page and that the freeway signs remind everyone but also I feel like we all need to be in this together and feeling a direct relationship between the drought and our daily activities and maybe that's just from peer pressure?
- •Fill the britaWhile the kitchen faucet is heating up I fill the brita.
- •Dirty car@JEFF is better at this than I am. I wash my car every 2 months because it's black and I need to look vaguely professional or at least like I'm not living in my car.
- •Wardrobe stretchingReally discovering the limit of how many times I can wear jeans before I wash them. Same with bath towels and sheets. Nothing gross just trying to be mindful.