BOOKS I HAVE READ MORE THAN ONCE
This list could go on forever... I'm a compulsive rereader. A good book can feel like a security blanket. It can give you what you need without having to look. Some of them are like returning to old friends.
- •Anything by Sarah DessenI've read The Truth About Forever multiple times
- •The Jessica Darling series by Megan McCaffertyI've read all 5 books 3 times through
- •Just As Long As We're Together by Judy BlumeSince the first time I read it in 5th grade, I've probably read it 15 times
- •Harry Potter by JK RowlingJust did my second reread of the entire series, and those books are a complete delight (when they're not ripping your heart out and feeding it through the shredder)
- •The Stephanie Perkins trilogy (Anna/Lola/Isla)They're so rich and wonderful, but they also feel so effortless in the writing. How does she do it???
- •The Westing Game by Ellen RaskinIt's a mystery, so it really shouldn't be enjoyable more than once, BUT IT SO IS
- •The Great Gatsby by F Scott FitzgeradOne of two assigned "classic" (gag) books that I actually enjoyed
- •All Quiet on the Western Front by Erich Maria RemarqueThis being the second. I love this book, as much as you can love a heart-wrenching book about World War I
- •Homecoming by Cynthia VoightBecause it made me want to set out on a road trip on foot when I was a kid, but it's a different book through grown-up eyes
- •The Face on the Milk Carton by Caroline B CooneyBecause nostalgia
- •Bossypants by Tina FeyWhen you need a good snort-laugh, you know where to go