Books I Read This Weekend
Had myself a bit of a readathon on the porch to catch up on my library stack.
- •This One Summer by Jillian & Mariko TamakiGorgeous and honest graphic novel that brought back the pain and beauty of growing up.
- •Tell Me Three Things by Julie BuxbaumFull of great banter, sharp humor, and a great meditation on family and friendship (with an adorable romance).
- •Conviction by Kelly Loy GilbertBeautifully and emotionally complex contemp that received a much-deserved Morris nomination. Excellent exploration of faith and family.
- •The Sacred Lies of Minnow Bly by Stephanie OakesAnother Morris nominee, this one full of twists and psychological surprises. I'm a sucker for a cult book.
- •The Darkest Corners by Kara ThomasNancy Drew meets Making a Murderer, with a little YA Gillian Flynn thrown in. The definition of a page-turning thriller.