Taylor Swift 1989 Tour Quotes That Can Get You Through Anything
The 1989 tour is a magical experience. Not only is Taylor better than ever, but the advice she gives throughout the show is soooo insanely good, and I thought I would share some of it in case you needed to hear it :)
- 1."When you have bad days that just won’t let up, I just hope that you will look in the mirror and remind yourself of what you are and what you are not.You are not your mistakes. You are not damaged goods or money from your failed explorations. You are not the opinion of someone who doesn’t know you. You are a product of the lessons that you’ve learned. You are wiser because you went through something terrible. And you are the person who survived a bunch of rainstorms and kept walking."
- 2."Being cool does not mean acting bored and unmoved and excited about your life. What's better than being cool is being happy."She talks about this when she's saying how beautiful it is that so many people dance like crazy and let themselves be free and happy during her show, and how we should always be like that. I love it so much.
- 3."The moment you can take what people say to you and block it out and walk your own footsteps, pave your own path, decide your own definition of cool and happy is the moment all the mud people try to throw at you is gone and in that moment you're clean."
- 4."You're not going nowhere just because you haven't arrived at your final destination yet."As a grad student, this quote means everything to me.
- 5."When you're happy, you need to notice it and you need to be able to realize it. You need to be able to diagnose that moment in your mind and say 'I'm happy right now.' And you need to be there, you need to not wait until the moment is over and realize that it was one of the happiest moments in your life."This is right before she sings the Enchanted/Wildest Dreams mashup and this entire speech is about living in the moment and experiencing things while they're happening because soon it will all just be a memory. This is so important.
- 6."The mistakes that we make in life, they don’t have to be something that makes us feel tarnished or damaged. These can be things that we look back on as something we needed to experience in order to learn what we now know.And so, instead of looking at your past regrets as something that makes you damaged, I want you to look at your mistakes as something you have made it past, and something that has made you, in the end, the opposite of tarnished. Your mistakes have made you clean.”
- 7.And I think the worst part about heartbreak is that…It takes vulnerability, it takes letting down your walls and letting somebody in and it takes trusting someone And I think the worst part about when you’re heart is broken or when you get betrayed or somebody leaves you is that the first thing you do you start regretting letting them in,trusting them and being vulnerable. &you sit there and you think ‘I’m so stupid. Why did I do that? Why did I trust them?Why didn’t I play mind games with them? You’re supposed to mess with people’s heads, but I just let them in. Why did I do that?’ I just want you to know that you can regret a lot of things in life and regrets are valid but trusting someone, letting someone in and being vulnerable are not valid regrets. You should never feel stupid for doing any of those things
- 8."What you think of yourself is so much more important than what people think of you."This is something that I'm working on, and I can honestly say things are so much happier when you live this way.
- 9."I’ve been thinking that maybe it would be a lot simpler if you only had two options in relationships. If there was no maybe, there was no 'I’m not sure,’ there was no 'Oh welllet’s see where this goes, I’m like not really into commitment right now but I don’t know.’ 'We should be friends. Maybe we should break up and stay friends and still like hang out every once in a while.’ I don’t want anybody doing that to you. I wish you only had 2 options in relationships: you either leave or STAY.”
- 10."I think that loneliness can be romantic, I think walking through a city you’ve never been to before can be romantic. I think being on your own and being happy can be romantic.”This is also something I've realized lately and it has been very helpful in being so happy despite being so very single.