Things That Make Me Cry That Probably Shouldn't
I didn't have the nickname "weepy eyes" in undergrad for no reason.
- •Receiving criticism of any sortThis is something I am working on. I have a tendency to take things really personally and replay the criticism in my mind after the fact until it really wears me down.
- •Looking at pictures of fluffy kittensI have no idea. This is one thing I don't have an explanation for.
- •When I think about the fact that my best friend is halfway across the country making new friends without me.Of course we text constantly, but she's in med school and making so many great friends. I'm in grad school, but friends are not as easy to come by in my program unfortunately. This reminds me of the 'Thoughts About Weddings' chapter in Mindy Kaling's new book, Why Not Me, where she describes that feeling when you realize your true best friend days are over after college. You will always be best friends, but it will never be the same.
- •Seeing elderly people sitting alone at a restaurant.This shatters me.
- •Seeing fictional character fall in love and have a familySuggested by @bowye