THINGS I PROMISED I WOULD NEVER SAY TO MY KIDS BUT DO ANYWAY
My 13 year old self would be so pissed at me!
- •We'll see.This usually means no but there is also a slight change this know could become a maybe
- •Shut the door! I'm not paying to heat the outdoors.This seems obvious. I distinctly remember thinking my parents were kinda crazy for saying this to me because I Waaaaaaas going to shut the door.
- •Go to your room. You can come down when you have a better attitude.My mother would say this to me and I would have this little searing ball of anger and defiance go right to my core. I remember forcing myself to stay in my room for HOURS to show her! Now as a parent, I realize sending them to their room is as much for their protection as it is for your sanity.
- •You will have to ask your dad.This is a stall tactic plain and simple. Yes, I could decide now but I need to think about it and then I will tell your father what his decision is.
- •If your friend jumped off a bridge, would you?I don't even know why I say this... My kids think jumping off a bridge sounds fun and if their friend suggested it, I'm fairly sure they all would.