Books I'm Reading Now (and What's on Deck)
- •The Westing Game (Ellen Raskin)This was my most favorite book in my childhood. I can't remember how many times I read it as a kid, and now I'm reading it to my boys every night before bed. I'm developing a new appreciation for it, reading it out loud and to a younger audience. A brilliant YA novel before the existence of YA.
- •The Power of Habit (Charles Duhigg)A wonderful book that goes into the what, why, and how of creating, maintaining, and eliminating habits.
- •Hamilton the Revolution (Lin-Manuel Miranda and Jeremy McCarter)I'm savoring this one slowly, reading just a few pages at a time, because I don't want it to end.
- •The Whole30 (Melissa Hartwig and Dennis Hartwig)I recently completed my first Whole30 and felt great. But the last few days have been a sugar-filled carb fest, and I feel like crap. Rereading to help me figure out how I can maintain a "Whole30ish" way of eating.
- •Happiness In Your Life - Book One (Doe Zantamata)A concise description of the Twelve Laws of Karma, and Karma in Relationships, Judgment, and the World. The content is absolutely inspiring, even if the writing is not.
- •ON DECK: The Brothers Karamazov (Fyodor Dostoevsky)I recently listened to an episode of the podcast "On Being," featuring an interview with Martin Sheen. His thoughts on Catholicism and social activism were fascinating, and he cited The Brothers Karamazov as being one of the most influential books he's ever read.