Why I kind of hate boarding school
I did this to myself
- •I'm not a wizard
- •I can't walk 15 feet without running into a couple hooking upSo congrats to everyone but me that's apparently getting fucked 24/7!!
- •"Secret" translates directly to "Public Service Announcement"
- •I didn't full understand I was signing up for an authoritarian regimeEvery night I have check in from 7-7:45. by 7:45 my bed must be made, my floor must be clean, my trash must be taken out. Then starting at 7:45 I have to place my phone outside my room and dive into a good ol' two hour silent study hall. From 9:45-10:15 I have time to "socialize, do dorm work jobs (don't even get me started on those.), and shower". wifi turns off at 11 so say hello to a new data plan.
- •Brands like Lily Pulitzer, Vineyard Vines, etc give me hivesBut I do see the value in j. Crew staples or classic all leather Sperrys(those shoes kinda turn me on)
- •I live in the worst dormMy dorm, Longman, was originally a house, then a dance studio, and most recently has been constructed into a dorm in no joke five weeks:). It houses 8 sophomores and 2 juniors. The dorm is practically located off campus. Every other dorm sits right next to each other, belongs to a "quad", and houses 40-50 students. I'm a little bitter. Also, I think there's asbestos in the basement.
- •Just imagine high school on steroids
- •Just imagine college but with insane rules
- •You get the picture
- •(Ps a more positive list about boarding school is coming in a few weeks...after I've left this hell and my memory of it has softened)
- •Also, the soap here smells weird