Books I'm assigning to my middle schoolers this year
Pushing the envelope
- •The Outsiders, by S. E. HintonStarting out easy
- •The Last Days of Ptolemy Grey, by Walter MoselyJust read this and loved it. Gonna see if I can get 12-year-olds to relate to a 91-year-old in the ultimate empathy exercise.
- •Don't Lets Go to the Dogs Tonight, by Alexandra FullerOne of my favorite memoirs.
- •Never Let Me Go, by Kazuo IshiguroClones! I'll tell them. But it will be so much more.
- •All the Light We Cannot See, by Anthony DoerrBy far the most challenging. But I will make them love that blind girl.