The stages of binge watching Stranger Things
- •Chapter 1: this 80s imagery is reaaally heavy handed. But the kids are sweet.Also where have I seen Mike's mom before?
- •Chapter 2: still not sure I'll stick with it... these teen characters are obnoxious. I would totally be Barb and I'd totally be pissed at Nancy. But the kids are still sweet.
- •Chapter 3: Okay, the teens are starting to feel more tolerable. Winona may be overdoing it, but I give her credit for going all out. Then at the end, I cry.
- •Chapter 4: I'm now hooked into watching whether the end of the last episode really happened. Winona is still nuts but the imagery of her clutching the twinkle lights is getting to me.
- •Chapter 5: the opening theme officially has my heart now. I look up whether the toothless kid is toothless in real life and find out he was Gavroche in Les Miz on Broadway! These kids have chops.
- •Chapter 6: I've now read up on how the creators planned to create separate perspectives for the adults, teens, and kids. I'm starting to really appreciate the intricacy and atmosphere.
- •Chapter 7: by now I've admitted I'm going to lose these hours of my life anyway so YOLO! Plus I can tell this is the episode when the kids are gonna make the van flip like in the trailer.But I also realize that means everyone in the van is at best seriously injured, maybe dead. I feel a little bad thinking how awesome it is.
- •Chapter 8: I still feel like the 80s imagery is the whole schtick. But I don't care. Save Will! Save them all! Wait... Wtf Nancy?And I finally IMDb Mike's mom: she's Dr. Faye from Mad Men!!!