BEST THINGS ABOUT BEYOND THE LIGHTS
Beyond The Lights is one of the greatest romantic films of all time, and definitely of OUR time. Writer/director Gina Prince-Blythewood remains a 👑. Best aspects below.
- •Machine Gun Kelly playing rapper "Kid Culprit"Strong strong performance with a hefty dose of sleaze!
- •The choice to give our lead purple hairPoo stardom is all about strong choices and a purple weave styled in Rita Hayworth waves is the strongest choice💜
- •Nate Parker's sensitive eyes and beautiful stomachHe's also a very good actor but it's my prerogative to objectify those who have historically objectified! Boom!
- •Minnie Driver kills itThis is fully her revenge for learning Matt Damon dumped her over the radio 😎
- •The sensual cameraworkCinematographically, this film lives somewhere between Cassavetes and a Rihanna video and I didn't realize I needed that so badly until it happened.
- •The lead girl, Noni, has a real appetiteShe's always honking down on some Mac n' Cheese or whatever and it doesn't seem like fakey movie chewing.
- •For real though, this film is the most accurate depiction of the ways in which success and fame can be isolatingI am obviously not a massive pop star being overly sexualized by my demonic momager, but I related deeply to the emotional fatigue that comes with chasing a dream at nearly any cost and forgetting what initially sent you forth on your journey. There's a gorgeous scene where Noni, our lead, asks her security turned lover Kaz "can I just sleep?" Good thing my on set security is an older woman named Donna or @jackantonoff would be in trouble. And that's something I could only say on ListApp!