FAVORITE BOOKSTORES IN NEW YORK
I love independent booksellers! I love books! Go get lost in da stacks!
- •McNally JacksonI grew up in Soho before it was worse than a mall in Trenton. McNally is an oasis of calm in what used to be an artist's paradise, with a great magazine section and even better gluten free cookies. Bonus points for A plus stationary selection.
- •️Book CourtA sweet indie in Brooklyn with great poetry, design and children's sections. Sweet knowledgeable staff. Next to Starbucks.
- •Spoonbill & SugartownNeed a hipster art book as a gift to make your mom think you're really in the know? This is the place. I really like the lack of organization (not being sarcastic.)
- •WordOne of the biggest champions of literature in NYC (and Jersey City!) Again, feels good to support an indie.
- •The Drama BookshopPlays, plays and more plays. This is where I would go to find overwrought monologues for my high school drama class. A niche paradise.
- •BluestockingsFeminist anarchist totem of righteousness. Don't go looking for anything specific, just go to have your mind CRACKED OPEN!
- •Saint Mark's ComicsNothing better than an aimless afternoon reading every title in the place. My dad used to take me each Sunday, and the we'd hit the now-defunct sci fi bookstore nearby.
- •The StrandIt's the mother effing strand- they'll tell you themselves, miles and miles of books! People must fall in love here all the time, no?