FEMALE AUTHORS WITH SIGNATURE HAIRSTYLES
We all know about "The Rachel" but what about "The Edna"? Behold, the hottest signature 'dos from literary ladies.
- •Renata AdlerNothing says "I will quietly ruin you through savage journalistic essays" quite like baby bangs and an epic grey braid.
- •Susan SontagThe stripe that launched a thousand think-pieces.
- •Edna St. Vincent MillayHer verse may be florid but she kept it simple & chic with this flapperesque bob!
- •Toni MorrisonShe was awarded a medal of distinction... for her perfect silver locs!
- •Vivian GornickRight and tight, just like her prose.
- •Joan DidionLet's call this simple style the Millay 2.0. In recent years she's added a bang for dramatic effect.
- •Zadie SmithWhat's she better at, writing or wrapping her hair and looking like the fucking queen of literature? Her serfs are Franzen & Knausgard.