WHAT I ATE TODAY
Making this list purely because I want YOU to make this list. What in life is more fascinating than the eating habits of others? But also do not make this list if it brings up neg feelings/food guilt!
- •10:30 am: 3/4s egg, spinach & feta wrap. Large OJ. Green tea.I order this wrap from my local diner almost every day and then remember halfway through that I don't like it that much. It has a weird gritty texture and could be something from a trash bin. Then the next day I'm like "mmm how bout that wrap?"
- •3:00 pm 5 blackberries, 4 Medjool dates, quinoa salad that sat out overnightAs you can imagine the quinoa had dried into tiny pebbles of dissatisfaction.
- •5:00 pm half a pack of organic Applegate Farms salami shared with @jennikonner's 8 year old son, 2 more dates
- •6:00 pm Laduree Walnut croissant, Earl Grey TeaThis is the day's unequivocal winner. Jenni's son deemed said croissant "just too glazed" but that's not an issue for me (and Laduree is all class class class.)
- •7:00 pm 1/4 cold quesadillaJenni's children's perfect leftovers. Jenni could fry a paper towel and I'd enjoy it.
- •9:00 pm Locanda Verde mish mash of ricotta toast, salad with toasted nuts, beef tartare, Brussel sprouts and sautéed spinachMy favorite food is a medley of salty sides and Locanda is the place to achieve this. I'd say my diet philosophy can be distilled to: enjoy small quantities of many rich foods so that together they make a large quantity.
- •Prediction: Jack will make popcorn before bed and ask me, for the 70th time, if corn is a carb.