Favorite Movies of all Time
They all seem to have a pattern of tragedy and melancholy...
- •The Grand Budapest HotelThe movie shows the downfall of Europe after the war and shows very tragic and melancholy tones in such a light and humorous way (which actually makes it more tragic to me). The film was artistically directed in set design+costume, music, dialogue and camera shots. Film is very different from typical Hollywood movies and I appreciate that.
- •MoonlightSo much human compassion and empathy. Beautifully well done and incredible actors.
- •The PianistVery inspiring, incredible acting by Adrien Brody, and Chopin music rocks my socks off
- •UpOne of my favorite Disney movies. Very touching and heartfelt. Cried within the first 5 minutes.
- •Good Will Hunting"I had to go see about a girl." I like the emotional complexity yet humorous tones of this one.
- •A River Runs Through ItGrew up watching this one because of my father's love of fly fishing and also his job of being a Presbyterian minister. The fishing scenes are beautiful and serene.
- •300This is a really weird one. It's a really big pump up movie for me that's really epic and honorable even though it ends in defeat. Against all odds, give it all you got.