ACTIVITIES TO REIGNITE YOUR INNER CHILD
From a girl who has been nannying two year olds for way too long.
- •Lie down with a water bottle and stuffed animalThe water bottle MUST have a straw to sip through. We are trying to reactivate your oral stage, people!!!
- •Play DohYou can't be an adult while trying to form a cupcake from a blob of delicious-smelling chemicals.
- •Arts and craftsI'm particularly fond of the good old "tape a toilet paper tube to a paper plate and call it an elephant" craft
- •TrainsOne of my favs. Connect the wooden tracks ($10 at IKEA) and move your train by hand around your city.
- •Eat snacksSnacks are a staple of childhood. Cosmic brownies, Teddy Graham's, those juice things in plastic tubes that you freeze into ice pops - eat them all, make a mess, and don't clean it up.
- •Pretend to be someone you're notSpeak with a new accent, or introduce yourself as somebody else to a stranger you'll never meet again. This sounds weird, but kids play make-believe all the time. This also can be a weird social anxiety reliever!
- •Run around in circlesOr spin in a desk chair, or drive around a deserted roundabout. Kiddos love make themselves dizzy as fuck.
- •Skip rocksKids and adults alike both have trouble with this, yet both seem innately driven to master the art of the skip.