BEST MOVIES WITH A CHARACTER DISGUISE AND APPROPRIATELY DRAMATIC REVEAL
- •Disney Channel Original Movie "Motocrossed"A girl switches places with her twin brother to win a big motocross race. As one does. Bonus points for the punk-y "Legend of Billie Jean" haircut and the undercover bro-on-bro flirtation with a cute competitor. #DCOM4ever
- •"The Parent Trap" (a la Lohan)Let's be honest. The Lindsay Lohan remake of the 1950s classic is all kinds of wonderful. Great supporting cast, awesome soundtrack, ridiculous British accents...
- •"She's the Man"Another re-make of "Twelfth Night," with soccer instead of motocross and a younger Channing Tatum falling for Amanda Bynes.
- •"Never Been Kissed"Drew Barrymore in her element as a geeky copy editor-turned-undercover reporter who goes back to high school to find a good story for the Chicago Sun Times. She falls for the charming English teacher who speaks to her words-loving heart (Mr. Coulson, swoon!) and gets a big monologue about popularity when she's outed at the prom.
- •"The Lizzie McGuire Movie"Lizzie is on a school trip to Rome and gets mistaken for an Italian pop star. Shenanigans ensue when she agrees to step in for the pop star for a duet with the hunky Paolo. The blonde/brunette reunion on stage at the end to take down the (of course he's sleazy!) heartthrob is #girlpower with a surprisingly catchy pop tune. Tweak the script, change the foreign country and you get "Monte Carlo."
- •"Dave"An underrated movie that should really be on TBS way more often. A mild-mannered small business owner who looks just like the President gets thrust into the White House when the real guy has a stroke. The big reveal in this case is with the First Lady, who falls for nice-guy Dave.
- •"Mrs. Doubtfire"If you take out the funny Robin Williams bits, this movie is kind of depressing. But the make-up montage and that voice make it a classic. "It's a run-by-fruiting!"