ADULTHOOD! F*** YEAH!
Today, at my job as a nanny, two of my kids and I had a conversation that solidified that I'm an adult now. (Just for reference, they are two girls and they're 6 and 9, respectively).
- •6: (notices this ring on my right ring finger) are you married?
- •Me: um no, I'm not, but usually you wear your wedding ring on your left ring finger.
- •6: (notices this ring on my left ring finger) but you have a ring on that finger too!
- •Me: yeah, but that's because this ring only fits on my left ring finger, and usually a butterfly ring isn't a wedding ring.
- •6: oh. When are you going to get married?
- •Me: I don't know. Maybe when I graduate from college.
- •9: do you have a boyfriend?
- •Me: no.
- •9: why not?