Books That Shaped Me
Inspired by @amieshmamie exciting unrelated news: I GOT A JOB!!! 🎉🎉🎉🎉 YAY I'm so excited
- •Goodnight MoonOh my gosh. This book. It's so cozy. I think I like it more as an adult than I did as a child.
- •EloiseI remember my mom reading this book to me when I was so little, and I loved the fact that Eloise was very similar to my middle name, Elyse. This book still fascinates me.
- •MandyI read this when I was younger, and it quickly became one of my favorites. It's written by Julie Andrews (yes, THAT Julie Andrews). We still have my copy in our basement!
- •The Babysitters ClubHoly shit these books were my jam. I discovered them in fourth grade, and my obsession took off and didn't settle down until I reached high school. We still have my collection in the basement.
- •The Time Traveler's WifeThis was the book that ended my "I hate books and reading" phase that lasted from like the end of middle school to my sophomore year of high school. I was 15, too old for the Babysitters Club books, and I had no idea what to read. Enter this book, and my love for books began again. It's still my favorite book.
- •WildI read this when I was 17, in January of my senior year of high school. It was such a unique time in my life, filled with so much uncertainty about my future, and I read this book and it just reminded me to be brave for this next chapter in my life.
- •To be continued...I'm not done being shaped