How I'm feeling right now
Thank you, my lovely friend. You always know what to say. 💜💜
- •I haven't explicitly said this but it's possible that you picked it up from my lists: I'm not very happy at school right now.
- •To put it simply, I'm struggling with my classes, with my mental health, and with friends.It's been a really tough semester. And I kept holding out hope that it would get better, and it just hasn't.
- •Last night, my mom and I were face timing and she suggested that I come home and go to community college for a bit.
- •I decided that leaving URI would be the best choice for me right now.It was a tough decision, but I have to take care of myself, and I just don't think that this is the place to do it. I also had to stop myself from wearing the graduation goggles, because while there's nothing wrong with focusing on the positives, sometimes we focus on the positives so much we try to ignore the negatives, even when they really shouldn't be ignored.
- •My dad and I texted and did some research on local community colleges.Okay fine, he researched and I whined about the wifi on my computer being crap.
- •We found that the community college where I took microbiology over the summer offers an accelerated associate's degree in nursing program.
- •I had planned on getting my Bachelor's of Science in Nursing but right now I need some assurance that school will end eventually, and I think this is the way to do that.I can still go back and get my bachelor's later.
- •This program looks great.The microbiology class I took over the summer counts toward this degree, and I emailed them to see which of my courses at URI can count towards this.
- •I'm actually pretty excited. I feel like I can breathe again.
- •This wasn't my original plan.Traditional, 4 year college was the plan. But unfortunately that's just not possible right now.
- •I keep telling myself that this doesn't mean I have to delete my time at URI.I think I have this tendency to try and delete things when they don't go how I planned. But URI is part of my history and I don't need to erase that.
- •I feel sad, because I do like URI, and I'm disappointed that this didn't work out.We're breaking up, but I REALLY hope we can still be friends.