I googled "why do bathroom stalls not go all the way down to the floor" so you don't have to
And I found this super helpful article: http://m.indiatimes.com/culture/who-we-are/ever-wondered-why-toilet-stall-doors-don-t-go-all-the-way-down-to-the-floor-254553.html and here is a recap!
- 1.It helps with cleaning.Okay this one does make sense. It would be a lot faster to just mop underneath all the stalls at the same time instead of having to go into each one individually.
- 2.It'll help if there's a medical emergency.All right this one also makes sense. If I pass out in a bathroom stall, I would like someone else to notice it so that I don't die or something.
- 3.It stops people from having sex in the stalls.But people still do? I feel like if you're willing to have sex in a public bathroom a gap from the floor to the stall really isn't going to stop you.
- 4.It's cheaper for the owner.Sorry, I really don't care about it being cheaper for the owner. But I understand why they would make that choice.
- 5.It's easier to see that someone is using the stall.Thus preventing awkward knocking. I understand that too but sometimes you don't need to knock because the gaps are big enough to SEE THE PERSON USING THE TOILET.
- 6.People can pass you toilet paperThis also makes sense. No one wants to be left without toilet paper.
- 7.You can't really lock yourself in there.Even if the door won't work, you can just crawl under the door. And then go home and take a 3 hour long shower because EW.
- 8.Okay most of these make sense but I still don't like how people can identify you by your shoes...