Modes of Communication, Ranked
There are more but these are the only ones I could think of.
- •Phone callsLiterally the worst. There's something so jarring and demanding about your phone ringing because someone needs you RIGHT NOW. There's that annoying "can you hear me? I can't hear you" dance that makes you long for death. People who talk on the phone in public places are annoying as shit. This could be its own list honestly.
- •EmailsEmails are the best if you're sending someone a bunch of files, documents, or links, but other than that, they're kind of useless.
- •VoicemailsI would rather get a voicemail than actually talk to someone on the phone, but they're still not the best.
- •FacetimingIt's so much more personal than phone calls because you can see the person's face. You can make silly faces and it leads to amazing screenshots. The only downside is that you need good signal.
- •I LOVE getting mail. It's seriously the best (except when it's bills). You can tell so much about someone by their choice of card and their handwriting. The only downside is that it's not the fastest mode of communication. But it's worth the wait.
- •TextingThere's so much pressure with phone calls, and with texting, all of that pressure is gone. Autocorrect is annoying but honestly it's hilarious. You can text without bothering the people around you (unless you're in a movie).