Movies that moved me emotionally
I don't always cry at sad movies, but I do feel things very deeply and these movies are the ones that gave me intense emotions. SPOILERS IF YOU HAVEN'T SEEN THESE MOVIES. Also, these are in order of when I saw them.
- •The Hunchback of Notre DameI watched this with my family when I was 6 and I felt so bad for him when everyone was throwing food and stuff at him! It was horrible and I was so sad for him. I definitely didn't cry, but it was a very sad experience.
- •Cheaper by the DozenThe scene where the mean kids bully the red headed kid (for the life of me I can't remember his name) and knock his glasses off made me feel so sad. It gave me so many feelings that I had trouble dealing with as a young kid.
- •Dear JohnWhen no one showed up for John's dad's funeral, I sobbed. In the theater. I felt so bad for him and for John. I'm tearing up just thinking about it.
- •The NotebookThis movie definitely didn't make me cry, but I was able to feel how intense this relationship was and it definitely moved me.
- •My Sister's KeeperWhen her boyfriend died, I did cry a little bit. I definitely didn't all out sob, but a few tears were released. I'm pretty sure @madisonelizabeth cried though.
- •About TimeI love this movie. When it ended, I felt so happy, content, and moved. It definitely gave me a better appreciation for my ordinary life.
- •The Spectacular NowThis was the first super intense movie I've seen, and I think this was the movie that made me realize how much movies can captivate you and move you to feel what the characters are feeling. When Sutter visited Aimee after she had been hit by the car, I cried. I have no idea why.
- •The Fault in our StarsI was really excited for this movie, and it was definitely a very emotional experience (as to be expected). The part that made me feel like I was going to cry (but I didn't) was when Hazel's mom tells her that Gus died and Hazel starts crying in her bed. That hit me in the gut.
- •Blue ValentineThis is probably the most intense movie I've ever seen. I had this sick feeling in my stomach the entire time, and that's what's so amazing about it. I felt everything these characters were feeling, and it definitely hit me very hard. I think the flashbacks to the happy times were the parts that made me feel the most.
- •RoomThis whole movie just made me feel like I couldn't breathe, but in the best way possible. I didn't cry though. It was just a very intense experience.
- •Obvious ChildThis whole movie was kind of an emotional build up, and I cried at the last scene, after she had the abortion and they were at Max's place and he was being so sweet.
- •Me and Earl and the Dying GirlWhen Greg is showing Rachel the movie in the hospital, I started to tear up and then started crying. It was all so intense and I just sobbed. I think this is the movie that made me sob the most. It was uncontrollable.