MOVIES THAT WILL MAKE YOU APPRECIATE THE BEAUTY OF ORDINARY LIFE
I'm talking about the movies that remind you that humans are pretty damn amazing, and everyday, "boring" life is nothing to scoff at. These are some unglamorous, trick-free movies that really capture the beautiful experience of being alive. Add your suggestions!
- •About TimeThis movie is about two people who met, fell in love, and how even though the husband can travel to any time period he wants, he still ultimately just wants to be with his wife and kids, and experience their amazing, unglamorous life.
- •Blue ValentineThis movie stars two people. Two people who say ordinary things, live ordinary lives, and aren't otherwise unbelievably noteworthy. It's uncomfortable at times because you really do feel like you're just sitting in on their conversations.
- •The Spectacular NowI saw this movie when I was 16 and a junior in high school, and I 100% related to these two characters, who were experiencing very real and "ordinary" problems.
- •The Way, Way BackSuggested by @andersun
- •Things I Never Told You, by Isabel Coixet.Indie jewel on life, love and death. It is also funny and endearing, and I love the cast!Suggested by @LaiaPM
- •In Your EyesTwo lonely people falling in love--who can also literally see through the other's eyes. @zoe is wonderful in this, as usual.Suggested by @jb_piper
- •Sing StreetEvery time I watch this I just feel good about everything. The story and characters feel very real and watching the band grow and create is just really inspiring.Suggested by @finesse
- •OnceTo people meet and bond through the one thing they share an equal understanding of: music. Their relationship flourishes through their attempts at production and love and the realities of family and surprises.Suggested by @morganlynnperry
- •BoyhoodJust a regular life. Patricia Arquette's character is a beautiful hero and really shows how much grace and honor their is in being the best mom you can be.Suggested by @sarahgorman
- •Obvious ChildThe realest of the real love storiesSuggested by @sarahgorman
- •Like CrazyIt's a story about two college students who fall in love and deal with their lives and the problems a relationship during that age period bringsSuggested by @vmacies
- •BeginnersUtterly charming look at grief, love, and life, our pasts and our presents.Suggested by @sophiedushko