My 💯th list: how this app has changed my life
This is my 100th list!!! Wooooo!!!!!! 🎉🎉🎉 (just a note: I started out wanting my 100th list to be 100 of my favorite lists, but List is a Good Idea Ruiner and has a maximum of 99 items on a list) here are just a few things that these 100 lists have given to me:
- •A defense for whenever my parents tease me about my love for Niagara Falls.I just say, "you know what, not only did my list about Niagara Falls trend on list, but @bjnovak HIMSELF commented 'so good' on it, so maybe I'm doing things right!"
- •A place to talk about my depression and anxiety.I'm truly sorry if those lists have bummed you out or been too heavy for you, but talking about it (especially with other people who have depression and anxiety) is really helpful and has given me new perspective on my mental illness.
- •A new explanation for when I'm struggling with life.Whenever I do something a little questionable (like squint at the sun in my eyes for a good 20 minutes before remembering that my sunglasses are on my head), I think to myself, "ugh, your fav is being problematic." So thank you @sarahgorman for bringing that expression into my life!
- •The reassurance that liking rom coms is not a bad thing.People are always telling me that rom coms are lame and it's lame that I like them, but here, everybody loves rom coms! It's probably because Mindy Kaling is our queen.
- •More book, TV, and movie recommendations than I even know what to do with.This one's pretty self-explanatory.
- •A full blown addiction that I don't know how to quit.I post as many as 6 lists a day. I have over 100 drafts because the ideas just keep coming to me. I'm worried that I can't stop, but I also don't know that I want to stop.
- •I don't know what I did with my life before I found this app, but I know that I like it here, and I think I'll stick around ❤️