MY TOP TEN FAVORITE MOVIES AND WHAT I THINK THESE CHOICES SAY ABOUT ME
Thank you @talor for the request! I was hoping someone would ask me! These aren't in any particular order. Sorry this took so long, I was thinking really hard about my answers.
- •Blue ValentineI think this says that I enjoy watching characters who feel real to me, with real emotions, real problems, and real endings. I think it shows that I believe in the beauty of ordinary life, just like Pam Halpert. And that I'm hot for Ryan Gosling.
- •The Wizard of OzThis shows that I enjoy a good adventure, but that I'm still a homebody, because there's no place like home (sorry, had to).
- •Inside OutIt shows that I'm on board with the conversations about mental health, feelings, and emotions. It shows that I've learned to feel.
- •Star Wars (all of them)It shows that I've embraced the adventure in life, along with the very small aspect of fantasy that I allow in my life.
- •WildThis choice shows that I don't shy away from the reality that life will break your heart a million times over.
- •RoomI think the bond between a mother and her child is truly underrated (and the love between a father and his child!). I think this speaks to my close relationship with my parents and what they would do for me and what I would do for them.
- •Good Will HuntingFor starters, it shows that "how do you like them apples" slays me. It also shows that I don't believe school is the traditional route for everyone. It's possible that I'm misinterpreting this movie.
- •Legally BlondeThis says that I relate to fellow blondes (there's a secret club and handshake), and that I believe there's always more to someone than what meets the eye. Is that an expression? I feel like I just made that up.
- •The Nice GuysThis shows that I enjoy a little quirkiness in my life, as well as some laughter.
- •ElfI'm also an outsider, someone who doesn't fit the traditional mold, and the fact that I love this movie shows I'm content with that aspect of myself and I accept it.